Historic Structures - Bump Tavern
Origin: Windham, Greene County, NY/East Ashland, NY
Original owner: Bump, Ephraim/Tuttle, Jehiel
Info: Bump Tavern began its history in the little settlement of Batavia serving drovers and travelers along the Schoharie Kill Bridge Turnpike (also known as the Windham Turnpike). The original portion of the building was built in the Federal Style, but later additions changed the look of the tavern. During the mid-1800s the tavern served as a single family home. Later it became a boarding house for summer visitors to the Catskills.
Provenance: The Farmers' Museum obtained possesion of the building from Harry A. and Frances V. Steele of Windham, Green, NY on April 23, 1952.